From your observation, what should have been undertaken differently and why?

Hi everyone, back at it again with another post! Soooooo, this is where I would like to add up or recommend new things for my beloved Dream Team!

As in the previous post, I have mentioned that our team is using Belbin's Theory and if possible a role that has been missing is actually: Co-ordinator! We do not have a proper leader or someone that control the team because we expected everyone is doing their job but that does not really makes the team effective. I recommend that before we started out giving the task, we have to point out maybe Farid as to lead and become our monitor.

Other than that, by applying all roles in Belbin's Theory may gives some implication, therefore, I see my team have backed up each other in order to ensure we reach the goal to get distinction together.

One thing for sure, I recommend my team to apply Tuckman's Theory where it has more proper stage when we develop our goals, because I see we have less focus on developing our team but just focusing on the work instead.

Soooo, here is the stage that requires the team to follow:


  1. Forming
  2. Storming
  3. Norming
  4. Performing
It started with forming, where, in this stage, a team started to form a leader and get each other to gather around and set up our goal in finishing this assignment. Next, is when everyone should rally know each other's strength or potential by convincing each other but since four of us has been close since our semester 1 days, this stage will be no issue for us. As for norming stage, this is where we have to divide the task after having all information and getting to know each other's strength. And laaaaast but not least, is where the action takes place! My team should realy works hard from this so there will be no turning back.

As we can see, if my team used this Tuckman's theory it will be more effective and efficient as all the planning part has been done at the earlier stage and just focuses to do the work at the end, rather than still on planning eventhough the work has already starts.

Hi-10 from us hehe

Comments

Popular Posts